Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fashion Careers Clinic, JPS



Went to the two lectures from the Fashion Careers Clinic today. The FBRS are great, it's so helpful that they organise these talks for students, it's a shame more people didn't go, I hope they still keep doing them cause they are pretty useful. 

Todays lecture was really helpful to think realistically about the prospects of a job when I leave uni. It's easy to be in a little bit of a bubble at uni, but it was good to talk about different roles that I could possibly fill when I leave, as my main objective is to start working.

It also just added to my workload though, as it made me realise that it's important to be ahead of the game and be applying quite soon after Christmas as some companies start to look for Graduates as early as Jan/Feb.

Another thing to factor into my work plan! Registered with LinkedIn when I got back to get started.




No comments:

Post a Comment