Monday, November 1, 2010

Cold War

Mario Merz

Here are the pics from my trip to the Pompidou Centre in 2007. I was a little stupid to not take note of all the artists names, it was a really amazing exhibition. I took loads of photos but no names. I did buy the magazine that accompanied it but it is in French, so that was a little stupid. Oh well, at least I have the pictures. The structure called 'Objet Cache Toi', is made from metallic net, tubular metallic structure, tarred cloths, clay blocks, neon light.


Objet Cache Toi, [Object, Hide Yourself] 1969.





"Objet Cache Toi bears an injunction that originally appeared as graffiti on the walls of the Sorbonne University in Paris during the protests of May 1968. Merz invites the viewer to hide in his shelter. Alternatively, the work expresses a demand for the disappearance of commodity culture in favour of a world without possessions". [Cold War Modern, V&A Publishing)

No comments:

Post a Comment