Monday, November 15, 2010

Reflection

Reflection

I received my Research Planning grade today, which was a relief. I did well, but would have liked to have received a slightly higher grade. It's a good start to the year though, and as it says on my feedback sheet, I need to make sure to 'maintain the momentum'. I feel like this past few weeks since my last tutorial have been very unproductive. Although I didn't spend quite so much time on the project in this time, I have been doing work, but I don't feel I have a lot to show for it. Getting this feedback has given me the extra kick I needed to get motivated again. I know I need to buckle down as I still have a lot of work to do.
We have a tutorial tomorrow with Rob Philips about our layout, which is something that I am not very confident with. I feel that its not really my strongest point and I'm kinda worried that my clean and simple approach to it makes it look really dull. I want it to be clean, classic and sharp looking, but not boring. It's a fine line to be honest and I hope I manage to pull it off well. I think I might do a few examples to show Rob tomorrow. I may also try and get a graphic designers opinion on the matter, cause I think small little adjustments can make all the difference, and graphic designers have that eye for detail.
I feel like I need to start pulling it all together a little bit now and really solidifying my concept development, so that I can get a clearer picture of what I still need to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment