Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tutorial Feedback

A Date With Sue

We had a tutorial with Sue yesterday. It went really well, surprisingly. I felt that I was quite behind, however Sue seemed happy with my progress and said that I was exactly where I should be at this stage of the project. I was super happy with the feedback and response. 
It was commented that I need to work on my consumer profile, which I know I haven't really touched upon yet. I had planned to go onto the street and do questionnaires, but from previous experience I've found that the time spent doing that and the end result do not equal out. I think I would be wasting my time doing it as it wont really be completely accurate. I am going to have to look into others ways to source the information.
I have interviewed a family friend who buys designer good, this was really useful to find out from her what way she purchased and what she purchases.
I feel that my customer could easily be a mythical creature that has a fabulous life and buys anything she wants. However I think that realistically she would shop in a range of places from Topshop and Banana Republic for everyday basics and then Liberty's and Selfridges for more investment pieces. 
Sue suggested that my interviewing the competition I may be able to get an idea from them on who their consumer is and then it will give me a clearer idea of who my consumer is.
It was also commented that I had a wealth of imagery to take from, but that I needed to edit a little bit an be more focused. I am going to have to commit to something soon, and really go in depth with it, instead of skimming the surface of many different areas.
All in all I'm feeling pretty good about the project and my progress at the moment. I just need to keep the momentum going and stay on the same track and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment