Friday, November 19, 2010

Tutorial Feedback

A Date With Sue

Tutorial time again with Sue, I was pretty anxious that I hadn't done that much since I last saw her. I worked hard in the last few days to get it up to scratch so that I could show her some sort of progression. Once again she was happy that I was where I should be at this point so it made me feel a little more relaxed about everything.
Up until now I have been a little unsure about my inspiration as I've had so many influences and found it hard to make a decision on my definite areas of interest. I have not decided that I want to look into the clothing and accessories of space suits for details and design lines. I am trying to arrange to go to the Science Museum to view their private collection, which will be really useful. I think this will help me to decide upon my materials a little better also, as this was what Sue had commented on in my tutorial.
I am going to order the evaluation kits for the electroluminescent wire the fibre optic material soon so that I can se how feasible it will be to use this technology in my design. I will also look into using other high tech materials that are available. 
The consumer is proving the most elusive for me, I am kind of avoiding it a little, which is odd because generally I really enjoy doing the consumer profile. I think because I am a bit worried about creating some fantasy consumer that doesn't really exist. I don't really know anyone that would be my consumer, i think that I am designing for myself in the future, if that makes any sense, or the type of consumer I aspire to be. It's a tricky one, but I'm sure I'll overcome it. I need to collate all the information I've gathered so far and see if a clearer image presents itself.
All in all I'm very stressed and tired but the work is moving along and I seem to be on the right track. I still have a mountain of work to do so no more fun times until hand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment