Friday, November 5, 2010

Gabriella Marina Gonzalez



Gabriella Marina Gonzalez

I just happened to stumble upon this today. I had seen the Rhino shoes, [the image with the fur beside them] on a blog months and months ago, but never found out where they belonged. 
Finally today, while checking out Machine-A's website I found Gabriella Marina Gonzalez. She's a graduate from Central Saint Martins and is stocked at Machine-A in Berwick Street. I had been there recently for Craig Lawrence's preview of his new collection. It's an interesting space for designers, and one which promotes young designers in particular.
I just love GMG's designs, they are quite simple in some aspects but not at all boring. I do feel like the wedge has had it's day a little, but I still heart these.









I really like this video, the music reminds me of an old movie, something tragic, and the way it's shot, it's kinda abstract and not too literal. The change in focus is definitely something I would like to use if I shoot a video for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment